The aim of the NTFA is to develop, promote, direct, supervise and regulate interscholastic athletic programs in which secondary, primary, college and post grad prep school students, whose schools are members, compete. To accomplish this aim, the Association:
1. Establishes and enforces regulations to ensure that all such athletic programs are part of, and contribute towards, the entire educational program;
2. Cooperates closely with the Ministry of Sports and the Ministry of Education in the development of athletic programs;
3. Development, management and promotion of Jamaica’s National Teams, U15, U17, U19 and Senior teams will compete in international competitions annually.
4. Enact policies of safety protocols for athletic trainers, coaches and athletes that ensure the proper teaching, training and protection of the athletes.
5. Promotes the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play in all athletic contests.
6. Enacts policies and guidelines that safeguard the physical, mental and moral welfare of the student athlete, and protect them from exploitation.
7. Collaboration with organizations that develop American Tackle Football and derivatives of the sport. We will lend support, governance and training through all member organizations that will be operating programs for the youth through academic institutions; and
8. Head-up the development of all aspects of the sport.